An overview of Livelihood Micro Finance program of GUK
It’s a programme of GUK to enhance the capabilities of poor and Extreme poor people both Financial and social assets and activities required for a means of living link to survival and future well being.
The main objectives of the Program:
• To create the employment opportunities of poor families especially women.
• Develop women entrepreneur.
• Promote to increase the income opportunities through creating diversified sustainable IGAs.
• Facilitated to build the capacities of poor people especially women to involve in the social power structure and ensuring to comprise the social materials.
• Improve the local women institution.
Covered the working Areas:
No of total Staff : 445 (Male: 278, Female: 167)
Total Beneficiaries : 91,108
Total Savings : BDT 23,15,00,000.00
Total Number of Borrowers : 79,603
Total Portfolio : BDT 75,01,05,500.00
Specialty of GUK LMF program:
• Consider the vulnerabilities of extreme poor families and designed the Micro Finance product as per their opinion.
• Risk coverage mechanism.
• Special support for person with disabilities.
• Consider to work with vulnerable people in vulnerable areas.
• Support service program.
• Research and innovation.
Significant Changes at (Benefiaries House Hold) BHHs level:
1. 86% extreme poor families have been graduated to moderate and middle through special support of LMF (Assets transfer program).
2. Created assets ownership of poor women and increased the dignity in the family and socially.
3. Developed 15% women entrepreneurs.
4. 10 beneficiaries selected “JOYITA” through Upazila administrations for winning the poverty and awarded.
5. 25 beneficiaries have elected the members of Union Parisad (The Local Government).
6. 45% beneficiaries are in the char and embankment areas and developed livelihood.
7. 94% Women are involved with multiple IGAs and now the money is in their hand.